Arri Alexa Mini
(4:3 + 16:9 Sensor + ARRIRAW)
Our Arri Alexa Mini comes with the industry's top of the line accessories. We haven't cut any corners when it comes to our kit and are proud to offer the only the very best. This includes, the ultimate, top of the line, 100% Arri accessories for the camera cage housing, mounting plates and shoulder pad and Vocas' absolutely beautiful ergonomic handheld grip system.
£600 per day / £2400 per week + VAT.
INCLUDED WITH HIRE:
• Arri ALEXA Mini Body with 4:3 Anamorphic & ARRIRAW License
• Arri ALEXA Mini Viewfinder
• 1x EVF Mount
• 1x Arri Titanium PL LDS mount with L-Bus 1.00 connector
• 1x Transvideo / Arri Starlite HD5 5-inch monitor
• 1x Arri MVB-1, Viewfinder mounting bracket for ALEXA Mini
• 2x Arri Lightweight adapter plate for ALEXA Mini
• 2x Arri Adapter plate with rod support for ALEXA Mini
• 2x Arri Side bracket for ALEXA Mini
• 1x Arri BPA-4, Bridge plate adapter for ALEXA Mini
• 2x Arri RMB-3, Rod mounting bracket
• 2x Arri 15mm Reduction insert for RMB-3
• 1x Arri CCH-2, Center camera handle
• 1x Arri Support Rods 340 mm (13.4”), 15 mm
• 1x Arri BAP-1, Battery Plate
• 1x Arri CSP-1, Shoulder Pad
• 1x Arri KC 153-S, Ethernet/RJ-45 Cable (3.00m/9.8ft)
• 1x Arri KC-50, Power Cable Straight (2m, 6.6 feet)
• 3x SanDisk CFast 2.0 Card 128 GB
• 1x Arri CFast 2.0 Card Reader
• 1x Arri BPA-4 mini bridge plate adapter
• 1x Arri BP-8 19mm bridge plate and dove plate kit
• Arri Alexa Mini Audio Connector With Cable
• Hawk-Woods VL-CFM1A V-Lock Camera Fitting (Arri Alexa Mini)
• 4x Hawk Woods 90wh V-lock Lithium-Ion Premium Life / High Discharge Batteries + Charger
• Wooden Camera - ARRI - A-Box (Alexa Mini)
• 1x Vocas Left Wooden Hand Grip + Extensions
• 1x Vocas Right Wooden Hand Grip + Extensions
• 2x Vocas Long Extenders
• 2x Vocas Medium Extenders
• 1x DTAP Power Cable For Transvideo Monitor
• 1x Protection Cover For Transvideo Monitor
• 4x Hawkwoods Vlock Batteries + Charger
• 1x Hawkwoods Vlock Charger + Mains Adapter
• 1x Hawkwoods Alexa Mini Mains Power Cable
• Arri FF-5 Adapter for Bridge Plate 19 mm
• 2x 19mm support rods (440mm)
• 1x Spare EVF cable
- Lightweight carbon housing
- Highly integrated and sealed electronics
- In-camera recording to CFast 2.0 memory cards
- HD, 2K, 4K UHD recording
- ProRes up to 200 fps
- Uncompressed ARRIRAW up to 30 fps
- 4:3 sensor for anamorphic productions
- Exchangeable PL, B4 and EF lens mounts
- Cost-efficient in-camera grading
Complementing the ALEXA range
Compact, lightweight and self-contained, the ARRI ALEXA Mini is a versatile additional tool in the ALEXA camera range. Crews will find that the ALEXA Mini perfectly complements their ALEXA shooting kit, eliminating the complications of working with third-party cameras for specialized shots and keeping everything within a single system that is trusted all over the world.
Strength and agility through state-of-the-art materials
To maintain ARRI’s famously rugged build quality in a small and lightweight camera, a number of unique design solutions have been incorporated. These include highly integrated and sealed electronics, a lightweight carbon housing and a solid titanium PL mount that connects directly with the new internal sensor mount – also made of titanium – to ensure a super-stable flange focal distance, even when using large lenses. Nimble in use and hardy on set, the ALEXA Mini is an easy to transportgo-anywhere tool.
Versatile mounting and shooting options
The ALEXA Mini can be operated in a number of ways: by wireless remote control, as a normal camera with the ARRI MVF-1 multi viewfinder attached, or with an on-board monitor and controlled via the user button interface on the camera body. Light enough to be comfortably held at arm’s length in a hand rig, its compact size and extremely quiet operation also make it ideal for tight shooting conditions. The symmetrical design permits filming in any orientation, including upside-down and in portrait mode, while multiple accessory points enable highly creative mounting solutions. In addition, the ALEXA Mini’s interchangeable lens mount can be replaced with any of those designed for the ARRI AMIRA, allowing the use of B4 video and EF mount stills lenses.
Uncompromised image quality for specialized shots
The overwhelming advantage of the ALEXA Mini is that it marries such a compact and lightweight form factor with the same unparalleled image quality that has made the ARRI ALEXA system a gold standard for the industry.
Combine the Mini with any other ALEXA camera and you will have perfectly matched images, even on anamorphic productions thanks to the 4:3 sensor and automatic de‑squeeze function. Workflows will also be identical, with options to record ProRes or uncompressed ARRIRAW either in-camera to CFast 2.0 cards or to a specially-designed external Codex recorder.
Save time on set
With the ALEXA Mini, no extra time needs be spent on set configuring third-party cameras previously required for specialized shots or on wrangling the image files coming out of them. Multi-camera setups such as 360° plate shots will be made simpler and faster by the external Codex recorder, which can record image streams from up to four ALEXA Minis simultaneously. The camera’s maximum frame rate of 200 fps means it can also be used for stunning slow-motion cinematography, saving further time and money on set by doing away with the need for a separate high-speed camera.
Save time in post
In the past, productions combining small cameras from other manufacturers with an ARRI ALEXA shooting kit have encountered time-consuming difficulties in the grade, trying to match images from those cameras to ALEXA’s famously natural colourimetry and pleasing skin tones. With the ALEXA Mini these difficulties are eliminated because all images come from the same sensor and share the same colour space. The ability to use CDLs and 3D LUTs in-camera for on-set colour management will also reduce time and money spent in post.
Integrated lens motor control and ND filters, perfect for gimbals and multicopters
The ALEXA Mini’s camera body has been designed with new-generation brushless gimbals, multicopters and other specialized rigs in mind. It is compact enough in the lens direction to allow the use of standard PL mount lenses even on lightweight and space-constrained rigs, such as gyro-stabilized aerial systems. The camera’s superb low-light performance makes it perfect for underwater work, and dedicated underwater housings are currently being developed by leading manufacturers.Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity facilitates remote control of camera functions from iOS or Android devices, with no need for a special app. The motorized and remotely-controllable internal ND filters permit rapid responses to changing light conditions, and help keep clutter around the camera to a minimum.
Cost-saving camera and lens metadata
Integrated ARRI Lens Data System (LDS) technology brings the added value of frame‑accurate metadata about focus, iris and zoom settings. With these lens settings and exact depth‑of‑field displayed live on wireless hand units, precise adjustments can be made during a shot. The data also allows lens mapping to pre‑marked focus rings and reduces the time and expense involved in achieving complex visual effects in post.
Unsurpassed overall image quality
Like the ARRI AMIRA, the ALEXA Mini can record 4K UHD ProRes images, facilitating real-time 4K UHD output and simple pipelines for high-resolution deliverables. More important than this, however, is the fact that the Mini and all other ARRI cameras with the ALEV III sensor offer unrivalled overall image quality by focusing not just on spatial resolution, but also on other image quality parameters such as dynamic range.
Better pixels, not just more
ARRI’s approach is unique in that it does not prioritize one element of image quality over another. To achieve the highest overall image quality, ARRI uses bigger and better pixels on the sensor, rather than smaller pixels in larger numbers. The result is that ALEXA captures a wider dynamic range, truer colours, lower noise and more natural skin tones than other cameras, whether the chosen output is HD, 2K, 4K UHD or one of the native resolution outputs like uncompressed ARRIRAW 2.8K or ProRes 3.2K. This approach is vindicated by the huge numbers of professional filmmakers who choose ALEXA after extensive real‑world comparative testing.
Safe for future industry standards
Images from the ALEXA Mini are uniquely suited to next‑generation HDR (High Dynamic Range) displays, which are likely to play a role in defining future format standards. In addition, the ALEXA Mini’s camera speeds of 0.75 – 200 fps allow it to be used not just for slow‑motion shots, but also for HFR (High Frame Rate) acquisition, which might constitute another strand of future standards. ARRI’s holistic approach to image quality makes ALEXA the most future-proof camera system available today, and the safest investment for tomorrow.